Should my file have a cutting line or crop marks?
Your file is required to have a cut line. The cutting line must be in the color magenta to properly be recognized with our software.
Check out the tutorial video below on how to create a cut line to your file. Please do not use crop marks within your file.
How to make a Cut Line
For the shape: Choose Window > Toolbars > Advanced
- Select the tool pen, the rectangle or an existing vector object and create a shape.
- Select the created shape and give the line the color ‘stans'.
- Choose Window > Line > Weight > Create weight to 0.2mm (0.567 pt.).
- Choose Window > Attributes > Overprint stroke.
- Using the Rectangle tool:
- Select the rectangle tool and click where you want the square/rectangle to be. Enter the width and height and click OK.
- For rounded corners: Choose Window > Transform.
- Select 'properties rectangle' for corner type and change the radius of the corner to 2mm (the lower four numbers).
- Using a Pen tool:
- Use the pen tool to click on the place where you want the cut line to start.
- Always click around the object to make the cut line.
- Press and hold the mouse button and drag to make a bend.
- Finish by clicking again on the point where you started.
- Create a new spot color cut line:
- Choose Window > Swatches.
- Choose = (top right) > New swatch.
- Change name of the swatch to “stans” (in all lower case).
- Change color type to Spot color.
- Change CMYK to C0, M100, Y0, K0.
- Press OK.
In , create a . A line in as a line, .